NeuroLF: development of an ultra-compact brain scanning device
PET scanners are used for a variety of diagnostic areas, ranging from dementia, to neuro-oncology, epilepsy and more. Current PET scanners are full-body machines that require large multi-million investment and room floor capacity. Thus, PET scanners are only available to large hospitals.
With NeuroLF, Positrigo has developed an ultra-compact system that will enable accessibility of functional imaging to a much broader patient population.
The NeuroLF system is dedicated to brain imaging. Along with Positrigo’s proprietary detection electronics and data analysis software, the system was also designed using state-of-the-art usability engineering. This supports quick patient preparation to minimize medical technologists’ exposure to radiation and to increase throughput.
- Suitable for patients of all ages and sizes
- Intuitive and easy to use
- High patient comfort and satisfaction
- Dedicated patient positioning system
- Scanner head travel range up to 400mm
- Low-force alignment technology
- 164mm field of view
- Low scanner unit footprint < 1m2
- Encoder technology for real-time capture of all degrees of freedom
- Definition of product vision and initial sketches
- System engineering including requirements definition and architecture
- System industrial design including patient positioning system
- Usability engineering including formative studies according to IEC 62366 with functional models of increasing complexity
- ISO 13485 compliant Design History File for the mechanical subsystems
- Risk management according to ISO 14971
- Mechanical engineering from rough concept to full manufacturing documentation
- Design and development of electrical hardware (without detection electronics)
- Support of system supplier selection and coordination
- Design transfer to system supplier
Positrigo NeuroLF was developed from a rough product idea and a technology demonstrator all the way to full commercial maturity and CE certification. Positrigo has applied for a number of patents and design patents for the NeuroLF product.
COMS® One - a portable medical device for treating chronic wounds
Industries: MedTech, Health Care
Services: Design Transfer, Technical Risk Management, Detailed Design, Predevelopment, Idea Finding & Conception
Medical Software for Diagnosing Respiratory Ailments
Services: Software Development, Solution Search, Modeling & Simulation, feasibility analysis, Experimental Verification, Testing, and Proof of performance
Industries: Diagnostics & Lab Systems, Health Care, Pharma & Biotechnology
Services: Design Transfer, Experimental Verification, Testing, and Proof of performance, Detailed Design, Project Management, Solution Search, Modeling & Simulation, feasibility analysis, Idea Finding & Conception, Software Development, Technical Risk Management, Design Verification